Saturday, January 17, 2009

Open Letter to Barack...

Hello faithful few, its that time again!!! Tried to show a little more enthusiasm this week. I figured that since last week I was very brief with you guys, I wanted you guys to see that I am back strong this week. So enough of me yibber yabbing.(LOL)

The week ahead will be a pretty interesting week. Monday is MLK Day and then on Tuesday, we will bear witness to history, when President-elect Barack Obama becomes the 44Th president in the history of the United States. It is a great time to be an American. I will leave you guys this week with an open letter to our president-elect. I hope you guys enjoy.

Until sometime next week, namaste and stay strong...


Dear Mr. Obama,

I would like to take the time to personally thank you for helping this country to come together and vote for change. Thank you for showing us that as a country we can pull together and vote. For showing us that change can come to Washington and not just in one man but in a nation that stands behind that one man. You have crossed all gender lines, all racial and age lines. You have helped to unite a nation.

Thank you Mr.Obama for showing our children, our parents, our grandparents, and future generations to come that with a little unity anything is possible. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to believe and to see a person of color get elected to the office of the highest official in the nation. Thank you for giving the young black boys and young black girls sitting in kindergarten dreaming of becoming president, hope.

Now Mr. Obama, I am not proclaiming you the second coming of the messiah or calling you our holy savior. What I am saying is that you touched the hearts and minds of a nation who saw fit that you were ready to lead our great nation. I truly believe that you can help guide us into the right direction. To me you are what I would call,a somewhat new wave democrat. While being a democrat, you realize that the government is bigger than two political parties. You realize that until this country has a government that thinks as one we won't be able to change the nations' problems.

In closing Mr. Obama, I would like to thank you for renewing in me a sense of hope and change. I look forward to the next four years and possibly eight years with you at the helm.

Godspeed and good luck
Arthur L Lovely Jr

No comments: