Saturday, June 6, 2009

Finally

Hello faithful few its that time again and I as I promised you guys I will give you a sneak peek of my new artist statement. It is a really, really rough draft. I think alot of what I got going on in theory so far, I will need to simplify. Some of what I have to say needs to be expanded upon. In the coming weeks I will go through numerous rewrites and be brainstorming alot. I will continue to bring you guys updates as I have them. Without further ado, I present the beginning:

I create art that is meant to draw the audience in. Even though most times my work is personal, I try to keep myself out of my work. I love for my work to stand on it own. Every time I make a mark or stroke, I am conveying what I feel. My work is a plethora of concepts existing on a cohesive plane. My ideology verges on the crux of race, time and the social climate of today. In creating, I try to bring the user into my world while also showing them a different approach viewing the artist...

Until sometime next week, namaste and stay strong...

No comments: