Saturday, May 9, 2009

Focus Man...

Hey there faithful few, how are things? Things are quite well with me. I have been working kind of a weird schedule the past week so I really haven't had the chance to do much to my painting. Fret not blogosphere! I am working on it today and I do have some time to work on it at the beginning of next week so I am pretty stoked about that. I am trying this new technique that I am excited about as well. I also have been taking mental notes and doing a little brainstorming about my artist statement. I really need to work on that as well.

I want my statement to really reflect the direction that my work is starting to take so when I start applying to schools my statement and my portfolio are cohesive. MFA programs are all about creating and showing that you can maintain a "cohesive" body of work. I have to make sure that I am effectively representing my work in my statement. When it comes to talking about my work to people it quite easy to get passionate about it. Sometimes its real easy to go off on a tangent when writing about something that you are presenting when not in your audiences presence.

In the coming weeks I will begin to post rough drafts for you guys to check out. Maybe I will get some great feedback! That's all I have for you guys this week.

Until sometime next week, namaste and stay strong...

No comments: