Saturday, December 14, 2013

Wholly Scammers Batman or Get Your Hands out of my Pockets...

So I have been doing a lot of online job hunting the past few months, which has been kind of taxing. Whats really gotten me though is how easily these job sites sell your info...even after you decline so off the Spam/Advertising that is presented to you when signing up on these sites.

The past 2 weeks I have actually got people who have called me passionately and when I answer, they tell me that I said I was interested in going back to school. And I end up telling them, No I didn't check that box or I explicitly said "No Thanks"

Then there are the scammers. Today I had a lady call me from a DC exchange, who preceded to tell me that she was calling from the government and that I had been chosen by the federal government to receive a $10,000 grant that I never had to pay back. I knew where this was going but I decided to listen to what she had to say. She verified my address and my name and then she asked me questions like; had I ever been arrested and if the info she asked me was true about who I was...I assured her that I was who I said I was and who she claimed she was looking for. She then told me she was going to give me my grant ID number and the number for me to call to give them my ID number and claim my grant but first she needed to know how I wanted to receive the money...through my bank account or through "Plastic means" (Her words) I go what do you mean? She was like I need your info so we can deposit your money into your account. I'm like OK, why can't you mail it to me? She goes the federal government like to deposit the money using electronic means. That way I can get my money in as soon as 45 minutes. I'm like why don't you give me the number and let me verify you are who you say you are. She kept fighting me on this. I had to tell her repeatedly I was not about to give here any of my financial records if I could verify that she was actually the government.

After a back and forth of about 5 minutes I just hung up on her. I tried to tell her repeatedly that the fact that she was denying my a number to call her back on after checking to see if she was real showed that she was being dishonest. This world...

What do you guys think? Have you had any experiences like this recently. Crazy...Anywho, that's all I have this weekend for you guys. Until next week...



-Namaste

No comments: