Saturday, August 1, 2015

New...the need to be loved and "Scoping"

So. Have you guys tried this new social site linked to Twitter? It's called Periscope. It's a pretty good social tool. It allows you to connect to others all round the world via a streaming video broadcast. I have done a few myself. (Every time I do one though, I feel like such a noob!) 

I've been finding out more and more about this site the last couple of days. One thing Periscope allows you to do is give the broadcasters ❤️. The hearts is like the same system of favoriting a tweet or "liking" a post on Facebook except that I just found out the more hearts you get the higher you rate and get featured on the front page. 

To me so far, the biggest draw is the voyeuristic nature of Periscope. You can hope around all over the world and view people's "Scopes" as they call them. It's that almost immediate connection with a total stranger which draws you in. You can also interact with the broadcasters. A lot of people also grow their list of followers by scoping everyday and often. People hold church, webinars, tutorials and they even livestream performances and shows. 

I think you guys should check it out. But be  wary, it can be quite addictive. If you follow me on Twitter, you can get notified when I do a Scope @ArtstarV9 is my Twitter handle. See you there. 

That's all for this week. Until next time...

-Namaste

No comments: