Saturday, February 2, 2008

Sup (Black Accountability REVISITED)

Hello faithful few, its time for yet another entry. I know what you are thinking, and yes I have been doing my posts on saturday the past few times even though I say that its a random post. Oh well sorry folks, I ill try my best to keep up with the "random randomness." On to the topic at hand.

Black Accountability

I have been doing some reading and listening to some music and I am amazed at some of the things we say out of our mouth as it pertains to why we do things. How do we justify violence perpetuated upon as by creating more violence and then saying that our reason for the violence is because of the violence committed against us. We blame society and the skewered justice system for our own inept decisions. When will we take responsibility for the things that we as people do? When will we take responsibilty for own shortcomings?

Don't get me wrong we are not always at fault but we can not continually use excuses of someone holding us down or someone out to get us. We need to avoid situations that would necessitate or give someone the oppurtunity to even put us in a situation to feel as though we are being made an example of.

In short we have to come to grips with "Black Accountability" and stand up and take credit for our own actions that put us in said predicaments. Then we would not have to worry as much about protect out own dignities.

Until next week sometime, namaste and stay strong...

No comments: