Friday, February 22, 2008

It's Time!

Faithful few, I know what you are wondering. What do I have for you this week? Well I am continuing to work on my art, I have been looking in to entering some call for entries overseas. You know try my luck in the foreign market. I mean what could it hurt, I could definitely use the exposure. Over the last past weeks or so, I have made a few connections through some Internet social network groups(No I am not going to name them here. What do you take me for a shameless plugger! That would go against everything I believe in.) So I really feel good about my outlook for the rest of this year.

Let's see what else do I have for you. Oh, yeah I know I said I was going to talk more about Black Accountability and Black Identity, but this week I will digress for now. I didn't really feel like getting into that this week with you guys. But fret not its coming. What else? Oh yeah! If everything goes as planned next saturday, I will be venturing to DC to visit the National Portrait Gallery. They are having an exhibition called Recognize. Its about the hip-hop community and art. It has work in it by Kehinde Wiley. This guys work is phenomenal. He is one of my favorite young "Black" artist out there. I will finally get to see his work up close and in person. I am really psyched about this. I will tell you all about it maybe in next weeks post if I have not written it before I got to see the exhibit.

Well that's all I have for you guys this week.

Until sometime next week, namaste and stay strong...

No comments: