Saturday, August 2, 2008

Friendship

Hello faithful few, its that lovely, lovely time again! This week I want to take a departure from my normal ramblings and talk to you about friendships or more importantly friends. I am not going to talk too much about it because I don't want it to end up being long and drawn out. But I am going to devote a smidgen of time to it.

Websters
defines friend as: 1 a- one attached to another by affection or esteem 2 b- acquaintance

I pride myself on being a good friend but more than often I find myself engaged in discourses about my worth as a friend and/or how good a friend I am. Like I said I consider myself a good friend but by no means does that mean nor do I equate that to mean that I am a perfect friend. For as we all know and are aware of; NO ONE IS PERFECT! Its only in these certain situations that my true loyalty as a friend is called into question. I really try to do right by my friends at the risk of not trying to change who I am or compromise my own integrity. Its only so much you can do to keep up your end of the friendship. Only so far you can go. Only so far you can go to reach a compromise or a resolution to you disagreements. I guess sometimes, its just meant to be that friends dissipate from time to time only to either come together in a stronger bond or truly move on.

That's all I have for now. I told you guys that I didn't want to draw this out so I am going to leave on that note.

Until sometime next week, namaste and stay strong...

1 comment:

Sheeta Boo said...

I just wanted to add that true friends would not want you to change or compromise your integrity. If there is a disagreement we agree to disagree and learn to respect and love another as we are. Friendships are a lot like marriages you have to chose to put the work in and if both parties aren't putting in the work the relationship is destined to fail.

I believe that you are a very good friend. You are good people. Trust me. I can tell.