Saturday, August 23, 2008

Why???

Hello faithful few. How is everyone doing today? I hope all is well with you guys. Last week I talked to you guys about going to school and getting my rear in gear. I am still all about that but today I find myself amazed at how simple things can affect us in such adverse ways.

Today one of my buttons on my remote stopped working. One button. Its not at all that serious but for some reason I could not and can not shake the feeling I am having about it just randomly stop working. I mean I used it yesterday and it worked just fine. Now today it wants to just cease to functioning.

I focused on it for awhile and tried to come up with some sort of solution as to why. I also tried to remedy the problem but to no avail. I finally relegated myself to the fact that it is what it is. I am awestruck as to why something like this could get the best of me. Does these things happen because we pride ourselves so much on how strong we are mentally? How much we know? How much we have learned in our lifetime that sometimes simple things such as why a button doesn't work or where our other sock went bothers us to the Nth degree. It kind makes the whole "...how many to screw in a light bulb" joke relevant. I know what you might be thinking, "where is this coming from?" But this post I just needed to air this out so I could let it go. Next week I will have a normal, more engaging post for you guys.

Until next week sometime, namaste and stay strong...

1 comment:

Sheeta Boo said...

I hear you it is the "using the simple to confound the wise" syndrome. It is usually small things that is the straw that breaks the camel's back and all that.

It happens a lot. I usually look for what is really the problem that I can't handle the small thing.