Saturday, March 13, 2010

So you wanna stop eating meat huh...

Hello faithful few. It's that time again already! These months are really flying. Monday we will be halfway through the 3rd month of the year 2010AD! Ridiculous.

Anyway, I thought this week I would talk to you guys about my foray into vegetarianism. Naw, I am not trying to save any chickens or cows. I won't be at any "release the animals back into their own habitat" rallies:) I still love leather and eggs:). I am doing this for me, for my health and because I have always been curious about the "herbivores" culture (I use that term in it's loosest meaning). I have worked with quite a few vegetarians and vegans so I have always been in their heads about the culture and the mindset of a "non-meat eater". I even went as far as recently buying a vegetarian for dummies book! I told myself as a part of my transition into the new me that I would begin to switch out my "meat-eating habits" with new "vegetarian-eating habits" until I could completely "veg-out".

I have tried on a couple of occasions to start myself on eating complete vegetarian meals on certain days of the week and/or at least 2 days a week. This past week, I decided that Mondays and Thursdays would be my vegetarian days. When I get more used to it, I will add another day until my entire eating habit is that of a vegetarian. Wish me luck! That's all for now.

Until sometime next week, namaste and stay strong....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: