Saturday, July 9, 2011

Being Human

So tonight I have been brainstorming about what the phrase "Being Human" means to me. Why you might ask? Well I am beginning work on a new piece for a show in Chicago that I hope I get picked to take part in. (Just a lil side note: I am trying to get cracking on some Call for Entries, if you know of any I am all ears! I'm just saying...) Back to what i was saying...the theme of the show is "Being Human." Now...I have come up with a pretty good idea of what I am going to do, so I am pretty excited about that. I am lying. I am "vurry" excited about my idea!!!

It was pretty amazing to me when I started picking my brain about this topic how something so simple could have such complex meanings. "Being Human" involves such a long range of emotion that it leaves you with a plethora of meanings and subject matter. So much so, that it makes it almost impossible to explore it or define it in a few words. I mean it can be done but it's such an all-encompassing phrase that to define it in a few words would do it no real justice.

Over the next few weeks as I partake in my artistic endeavor, I will wholeheartedly explore this subject and hope that my internal discourse manifests itself in this piece that I will be working on. As always, you guys will be kept in the loop. That's all I have for you guys this week. Enjoy!


-Namaste


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


No comments: