Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Switch has been flipped...

So this past week after being with them for at least 5 years (as far as I can remember, I was going to use surmise there but probably wouldn't have worked...anywho) I left T-Mobile for Sprint. (See attached screenshot, I know you didn't need to see one but so what it's my blog, LOL). I did it quite effortless. If anything I couldn't wait to leave them.

Leaving them is, for me, one of them big decisions that we struggle with making. Bear with me a few. I have an issue with being content sometimes. Now that can be a good thing or a bad thing. For me sometimes it gets caught in that middle ground. I'll stick things out for the duration no matter what sometimes. I have watched a show when everyone else has given up on it until the very end. Only to get to the very end and see that the ending showed me that the show wasn't worth the time I gave it or worst; to have the show canceled (READ: Missing, Alcatraz). I have read a books that were ok but not really that engaging because I didn't want to give up too soon on the story. For me sometimes, if my curiosity or "thinking-parts" are satiated, then I'm content.

I was so used to T-Mobile and their attitude that certain things didn't bother me. I rarely called customer service because my brain felt it was smarter than the help they were giving me. I mean I remember when I first got the G1(T-Mo's first android phone) thats when I realized how bad their customer service can be. I recall have their "techs" supposedly troubleshooting phone for me over the phone by just reading from the back of the instruction manual. That's when I realized that they weren't to helpful. I decided that it would have to be dire circumstances that I ever called them. I would just fix problems on my own, which I did for the most part. I figured since I'd gotten better versed in how things worked, I'd deal with the dropped calls and the network problems. I was content with good ol' T-Mo. I'd say since I got my last phone with them almost two years ago that I have not called them once. Last year I decided that I would finally get rid of them. I just hope it doesn't take me a year of planning to break things the rest of my life. I need to practice being content only when I am truly happy, like in love and with family.

Well as usually I have went off on a tangent but you guys know me;). That's all for now...


-Namaste

No comments: