Saturday, November 10, 2012

My 5 year old self...

Today was a pretty strange but not so strange day for me. I started watching the movie Argo and as I was watching it, I was searching my mind for what I was doing as a kid when this was going on. I was 5 at the time that this was playing out I'm the world and on TV. I remember so many things from that year of my childhood but I can't remember any of the story that's going on in Argo. The Iran hostage crisis shows up nowhere in my memory.

While I was racking my brain trying to picture it, I started to see my 5 year old self getting into trouble and also at some times causing my parents and grandparents a world of trouble. I realized that I was definitely a "boy's boy" (a symptom I equate from not having a brother growing up) I was getting in everything, I was so sneaky but I was sneaky to a point where over time I had people fooled. People thought I was such a quiet good little boy but that's not what I wanted to get it.Back to my recollection, I remember one time my mom and grandparents were coming go pick me up from school and I left school to walk my best friend at the time home. He lived around the corner from school so I wasn't far but when I got back to school my mom and my grandparents were furious with me for wandering off.  They had thought something had happened to me. At the time, I was so young that I didn't see what the big deal was.  Needless to say just watch that movie brought back that memory of my childhood.  And just writing this post, I realized that all 3 of them are no longer with me. I don't know if that means anything or not but I am just typing this blog as its coming to me. I might get back on track. It makes me think of how long its been and how when you are at such a young age, you might not be too aware of what's going on around you.  When you are sitting in the backseat or you are opening up presents on Christmas morning, you never think that this isn't forever. You never think that you will one day be without your grandparents, your mom or your big sis.  To you the world and everyone else will always be there, until they aren't...

I think that's all I write form this weekend because I have gone from where I originally wanted to go and its getting quite solemn...

-Namaste

No comments: