Saturday, November 24, 2012

Death of a Computer...Or Equivalent Exchange

So for sometime now I figured my computer was going to go kaputsky. 2 of my 4 USB ports have been non-functional for over a year...the display used to fizzle out on me a lot and sometimes the computer would cut off or go to sleep while I was in the middle of doing something. Then a few months ago, my DVD burner ceased to function anymore. So I figured I had a couple of months to go as I'd plan on getting something new for my birthday. But this past week my computer had plans of its on. It felt it after 3 long years of being a workhorse that it wanted to be retired. So it as a whole ceased to function. So I had to move on early then I wanted/had planned on.

In the early hours of the morning on Black Friday, I became an "unofficial" Apple fanboy. I say unofficial because I am still apart of the android ecosystem due to my Nexus 7 so I don't quite bleed Apple through and through...Even though I used Macs some in college, I credit the missus with getting me into the modern iteration of Apple (she had an iPhone and I almost fell in love with it instantaneously). After that I always had an iPhone handy with what ever phone I actually had when I was with T-Mobile that way I could switch out the sim card and still enjoy carrying an iPhone from time to time. I also got the 1st gen iPad and then I upgraded to the 2nd gen iPad. But through all of that, I've had a PC. That all changed at 3:47AM on the morning of November 23rd. I purchased a MacBook Pro. I am pretty excited about getting to know this ecosystem as an everyday user. Having an iPhone and an iPad is in away being apart of it but actually using the ecosystem as a whole is something entirely different. Right off the bat I had to make a decision on whether or not I was going to get a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro. From the reviews and countless videos I watched on YouTube, it was clear the obvious choice was the MacBook Pro seeing as though I plan on using a lot of The Adobe Suite and there were reports of the MacBook Air overheating pretty quick...not too mention that I would have to buy the upgrades to it right away as upgrading it afterwards meant having to take it to an apple store or buying the next model up. So I settled on getting the Pro. I should have it in my possession on Monday and I will share my initial experience with you guys at some point I'm the near future. Until then...







-Namaste

No comments: