Saturday, October 6, 2012

My Mind is free...

I've been working constantly the last few weeks and it feels good to be creating steadily. You know as an artist, there will be times when you have that lull in your creative process where you are not doing as much work as you'd like...not painting enough...not drawing enough...not being in the business of art-making...one of the greatest things you can do as an artist is doing that lull try to keep ideas fresh in your head. Write them down...brainstorm...view art...talk to artist...look for anything that will jump start that spark plug in your brain.

For me, it's always being around artists and having constant discourses with them...it's blogging and it's writing down my ideas while they are still fresh. I find that when I do break through that lull some aspect of what I've thought about ends up lending itself to the piece. One of the things that I have found that's been a jump for me is not over thinking and just clearing my mind and letting my inner thought guide what I do. I had lost that ability the last couple of years. I mean I've been doing things but I have been letting my mind jump around a lot. I don't know if it's because of personal tragedy or pressure that I have been putting on myself or what...but lately I have just been going with the flow. If it feels good I let the feeling take me over and just be.

In any event, right now it feels good for me as an artist and I can't wait to keep you guys in the loop...

 

-Namaste

No comments: