Saturday, July 13, 2013

Chūshō geijutsu or The ZEN approach...

So this past week I have had a lot on my mind. Been dealing with some personal things and the other day they manifested themselves into a work of art. I created piece that I used to clear my head. As I was painting I was allowing the paint to do what it wanted. I was freeing my mind of all thoughts and pouring them onto the canvas.

A sort of darkness emerged but a life can also be seen coming through the darkness...a spark...a light rising...

This was a nice piece for me to do because I had no real expectations of what would come out of doing it. I think I might do this little exercise a lot more. I am including a couple of pics for you guys so you can see what I came up with. Enjoy.

Until next time...

 

 

- Namaste

Untitled (A Light Rising)

Acrylic on canvas

18"X24"

2013

 

 

Detail of Untitled (A Light Rising)

 

 

 

No comments: