Saturday, March 28, 2015

Rhetorical or Sometimes you feel like a Reeses'

I want to get back in to creating mixed media pieces. Some small assemblage pieces. I have been accumulating little small found pieces and objects lately that I feel fit together quite well. I really want to get back in to the habit of creating art on a regular basis again. I have kind of gotten too comfortable in this lackadaisical way of living, I mean now and then I will doodle or draw a little something but I haven’t done anywhere near a significant body of work in almost 2 years! That’s no way for an artist to live. I mean sure I have faced some hardships and uncertainties but that’s no excuse. Artists are supposed to thrive during adversity. So why haven’t I? That’s a rhetorical question. It was meant to invoke thought in to my head as I type this post.

I tend to get too stuck in a rut or worried up creating the perfect image or crank out the best possible image that I almost entirely forget about the artistic processes. I forget that ugly line or ugly section eventually turns in to something you can use or not. Either way, you go right back to the drawing board (pun, intended) and work on the next thing.

It really all boils down to having confidence in your work. It’s so easy to see other artist out there cranking out work and thinking to yourself, what am I doing wrong or what am I not doing right?? The question should be why am I, not doing PERIOD!!!

I went from consistently coming up with ideas to consistently getting caught up in the idea of not being able to come up with any good ideas. How do you resolve those types of issues in your head when you have other issues going on in your head?

Well that’s all I have for you guys this weekend.

Until next week…

-Namaste

No comments: