Saturday, November 6, 2010

I'm a Scavenger...

So on yesterday I received my sketchbook from Art House Co-Op in Brooklyn, NY. I am taking part in the Sketchbook Project. I did it a couple of years ago but I didn't last year. I wanted to make sure that I got a chance to do it this year.

So the premise of the Sketchbook Project is that they send you out a sketchbook that you in turn have to fill up with glorious works of art based on certain themes. They have a list of themes like; Nightmares, (Your name here), This is not a sketchbook and so on. I let them send me a book with a random theme and my book came back with the theme "I'm a scavenger." They couldn't have sent me a better theme. I totally plan on running away with this theme. I can't wait to deconstruct and reconstruct this books insides.

Back to the project, once you finish the book you send it back to them. The book then goes on a tour around the country. Making stops in at The Brooklyn Art Library started in February of 2011(where the books at the end of the tour will enter the permanent library) with stops in Portland, Maine, Chicago, San Francisco, Florida, Atlanta, Austin, DC and finally ending up back at The Brooklyn Art Library. I am going to def go check out the books when they hit DC if I am still in the area;) Or the Atlanta showing. One way or the other I will check them out. I might even do the Chicago showing. (Man, I love Chicago!!!)

I look forward to sharing excerpts with you guys over the next couple of months.

-Namaste

No comments: