Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year...

So I thought that I would have already posted my blog for you guys this week since I only really posted a quick blurb last week. Well as you all may know things don't always work out the way you want them to. Fret not faithful few this week I have come bearing a cornucopia of into and goodies.

So I told myself that this year I was not going to make any resolutions. Instead I have decided to just stay the course. I mean last year I started so many new things and changed so many things during the year that making a "New Years' Resolution" would just seem plain...well crazy! I probably somewhere along the way just end up deviating from the resolutions anyway. I know what your probably saying now, "...you can use the resolution as a jump off point..." Well everyone who knows me will tell you I am a little different(strange even) so I find it perfectly OK to forgo the conformist tradition of making a "New Years' Resolutions."

Its January and that means that by the 15Th of this month I have to have my sketchbook for ArtHouse Co-Op Sketchbook Project postmarked. Its coming along OK but I know i am going to end up having some late night sessions working on it. I also got to get stepping on writing this essay for my Teach for America application. That's not due until Feb. 4, knowing me I should start writing it tomorrow;)

Today I did a painting! It is a painting that I titled before I started it. The title of the painting is: You Said I Was PRETTY No Matter What They whole concept behind this painting is a play on words. I have taken a simple word and deconstructed its meaning. It also brings to mind the say "Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder." As I worked on the painting, I removed my inner feelings on what I viewed as pretty and I also tried not to think too much about if people would get the message behind the title and behind painting itself. So without further ado I will reveal the work in question to you.

No comments: