So I was born in the mid 70s and grew up in the 80s & early 90s but I got to tell you one of the greatest periods for music for me is the 60s. Especially from the British Invasion years. So I thought this week I would share with you guys a playlist of mines that feature a few songs from that era. Some of the artists aren't the original songwriters or artist of some of the songs but I like their versions of the song equally or just a little better. Definitely The Animals and Nina Simone's version of the song Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood. So we out further ado...
- The Animals, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood.
- Nina Simone, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood.
- Petula Clark, Downtown.
- Dusty Springfield, You Don't Have To Say You Love Me.
- The Animals, The House of The Rising Sun.
- The Animals, We Gotta Get Out of This Place.
- The Beatles, I Want To Hold Your Hand.
- The Beatles, Strawberry Fields Forever.
- The Beatles, All You Need Is Love.
- The Zombies, She's Not There.
- The Zombies, Time of Season.
- The Zombies, I Love You.
- Lulu, To Sir, With Love.
- The Yardbirds, For Your Love.
The Kinks, You Really Got Me.
I think going forward I might do more of these type of blog post. Maybe every few months. Let you guys in on a little of my musical tastes.