Saturday, May 24, 2014

Let's Rock 'N Roll, Man or 'Ello Guv'ner...

So I was born in the mid 70s and grew up in the 80s & early 90s but I got to tell you one of the greatest periods for music for me is the 60s. Especially from the British Invasion years. So I thought this week I would share with you guys a playlist of mines that feature a few songs from that era. Some of the artists aren't the original songwriters or artist of some of the songs but I like their versions of the song equally or just a little better. Definitely The Animals and Nina Simone's version of the song Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood. So we out further ado...

  • The Animals, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood.
  • Nina Simone, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood.
  • Petula Clark, Downtown.
  • Dusty Springfield, You Don't Have To Say You Love Me.
  • The Animals, The House of The Rising Sun.
  • The Animals, We Gotta Get Out of This Place.
  • The Beatles, I Want To Hold Your Hand.
  • The Beatles, Strawberry Fields Forever.
  • The Beatles, All You Need Is Love.
  • The Zombies, She's Not There.
  • The Zombies, Time of Season.
  • The Zombies, I Love You.
  • Lulu, To Sir, With Love.
  • The Yardbirds, For Your Love.
  • The Kinks, You Really Got Me.
I left out a lot but as far as The Beatles, I could have put the whole discography up LOL.

I think going forward I might do more of these type of blog post. Maybe every few months. Let you guys in on a little of my musical tastes.

No comments: