Saturday, September 3, 2011

Note to my 26 yr old "SELF", Act1, Scene1...

So if I could travel back in time and impart you with some words of wisdom, what exactly would I say to you? I often ponder what if I had done things differently, were would I be now? What if I traveled back 10 years and say to you dude, maybe you should take more graphic design classes...mix it up a little...or maybe you should have applied to art school out west...maybe now is the time for you to become a vegetarian. I wonder "SELF" how would me helping you make those decisions then affect my now? Who knows "SELF"? Don't get me wrong, I love my life, my family, my friends, my girl and the course my life is taking right now. It's just sometimes "SELF" you have this period of reflection...a period of what-ifs...a period of "if I could go back, what would I change...".

"SELF," there are some things that I wouldn't allow you to change for the world. I would have a deep fear of what it might do to "OUR" future. How it would hurt bonds we would build going forward...it would probably change "OUR" view of things...it would definitely change things!

NO! You know what I would do "SELF?" I would better prepare you for what comes next. I would help you to be stronger. I wouldn't exactly guide you down the path but I would help you to stay focus and help you to understand that it might not happen in 10 or maybe even 15 years; but the stronger you get the more you will persevere. I would also let you know that on the way to getting stronger, that it's ok to open up...it's ok to give in to your emotions. Try not to keep them so bottled up. And "SELF"...I promise...you might not see it on the outside but inside it only keeps getting better...

No comments: